Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Just BE with Jesus: the Way, the Truth and the Life

Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; 
for you I wait all the day  long. (Psalm 25:5)



Read John 14:1-30.

I am so grateful that Jesus saves us from our sin and promises us a home in heaven, and he doesn't leave us to just wander aimlessly around on earth in the meantime. He guides us every day, opening his truth to us and infusing us with his life.

Yesterday I told you about my dark tunnel year. The darkness ended in great joy when our daughter was born. I settled into the routine of stay at home motherhood, and I loved it. A few months later, my husband lost his job. He found a new job very quickly, but it involved a move from Oregon's lush Willamette Valley to the dusty desert of Vegas. I missed my friends and evergreen trees and mountains with snow on them year 'round. I read a lot of books that first year in the desert, and I found a new love for my Bible. As I look back at that time, I see the Lord being my Way, Truth and Life.

This is God, our God forever and ever. He will guide us forever. (Psalm 48:14)
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory. (Psalm 78:24)
Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name.
(Psalm 86:11)

Lord Jesus,
help me to grasp ever more firmly
the purpose for which you chose me.
I trust that you will guide my every step.

______
This blogpost is based on my book, You Are Here. I am revisiting the themes of several of my books as I seek to “just be with Jesus." I am putting aside lengthy readings for a season, and instead looking for one word or phrase to carry through the day. Today’s word, for me, is “guide."

photo credit: Coastal Path via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment