Saturday, June 20, 2015

Just BE with Jesus; the Alpha and Omega


He restores my soul...(Psalm 23:3)


Read Revelation 1:1-8

Jesus used the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet when he called himself "the Alpha and Omega."

He is all we need.
He is the Bread,
the Light,
the Way,
and the Door.

He existed before anything else,
and he holds all creation together.
Christ is also the head of the church,
which is his body.
He is the beginning,
supreme over all who rise from the dead. (Colossians 1:17-18 NLT)
But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 
Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth 
of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. (Philippians 3:7-8)
And my God will supply every need of yours 
according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 
To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. 
Amen. (Philippians 4:19-20)

So much glorious truth, Lord.
All I can say is
"Amen."


_______
I am revisiting the themes of several of my books as I seek to “just be with Jesus." I am putting aside lengthy readings for a season, and instead looking for one word or phrase to carry through the day. Today’s word, for me, is “all."

photo credit: DSC01505 via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment