Saturday, February 22, 2014

Travel Light Connections: 2.3

Today you read one of my favorite passages in Mark:

And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed. And Simon and those who were with him searched for him, and they found him and said to him, “Everyone is looking for you.” And he said to them, “Let us go on to the next towns, that I may preach there also, for that is why I came out.” (Mark 1:35-38)

I remember reading these verses one afternoon when my girls were younger. I put them all down for their naps, brought my Bible to the kitchen table, scooted the dirty lunch dishes out of the way (because I could wash dishes when the girls were awake, but nap time was precious quiet time). My reading times had been very interrupted that week, and when I read that Jesus' prayer times were interrupted, it made my day! These verses reminded me that my Savior understands the challenges in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment